Having your baby rattle can be fun for babies, especially during their first few months of life. These rattles come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, but you should choose one that’s made from safe materials and also appeals to your child’s sense of sight, touch, sound, and smell. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of choosing the best baby rattle for your little one by discussing some factors you should consider when shopping around, along with sharing our suggestions on the best wooden baby rattle, baby plastic rattle, and more.
When Can a Baby hold a Rattle?
Once a baby is 3-6 months old, she can probably hold and grasp small objects. That’s a good time to introduce her to rattle toys. Babies typically develop motor skills and dexterity between 4-9 months of age. Before that, they don’t have much control over their hands. If you’re looking for an ideal time to give your baby a rattle, 4 months is a safe bet. Babies learn by exploring objects with their senses, touching, seeing, hearing, and tasting. These activities help stimulate development in many areas of their young minds: fine motor skills (the coordination needed to grasp small objects), gross motor skills (the ability to move large muscles like arms and legs), and hand-eye coordination (using one’s eyes to guide one’s hands). All three are crucial for developing babies; all three are improved by playing with rattles.
Since there are several types of rattles on the market, parents need to think about what they want their child’s first rattle to be like. Do you want something bright and colorful? Do you want something easy for little hands to grasp?
Check The Quality Of The Materials Used
The materials used to make your child’s rattle can greatly affect its durability and safety. If you want an infant toy that will last, don’t forget to check if it is made of safe plastic that doesn’t cause any harm when chewed on by your child. Wooden rattle toys are also a good choice as they can be easily sterilized and they are non-toxic; you won’t have to worry about your toddler choking on plastic parts or ending up with PVC poisoning. Baby wrist rattles are an ideal choice for newborns, as they keep their hands occupied and promote eye-hand coordination. They are perfect for carrying around anywhere as well because they are easy to fit in a diaper bag or purse. The quality of plastic used in making baby wrist rattles should also be taken into consideration as they tend to break easily with rough use.
Whatever material is used, make sure that there are no sharp edges that can injure young ones while using them during playtime. The texture of rattle toys should also be soft enough for your child’s skin so as not to cause irritation or discomfort when touched repeatedly. Ensure that all parts of your child’s toy are securely attached so it doesn’t fall apart with rough use and check if it has a secure clasp or lanyard so you don’t have to worry about losing it easily. In choosing baby wrist rattles, look for a wide range of colors and designs because kids love playing with colorful toys more than plain-looking ones; having one in every color will keep them occupied for hours on end!
Pick The Best Option Based On Your Budget
Plastic rattle toys are a great option for babies because they’re soft and less likely to cause any harm If a child happens to put them in their mouth. With that said, you should always check with your pediatrician before introducing a new toy into your child’s life. Plastic is much easier to sanitize than other materials, which is why they make such popular baby rattle toys. Wood can be stained easily and is not as resistant to germs as plastic or rubber.
Which material you prefer will come down to personal taste, but your budget should also be a determining factor. Plastic baby rattle toys are much more affordable and require less frequent cleaning than their wooden counterparts. If money is tight, go with plastic! You can find a plastic baby rattle for just about any budget!
Top Baby Rattles To Buy for Your Little One
For those looking for the perfect gift for an infant, look no further! We have done some research and selected the 3 best Baby Rattles to make things easy for you.
EastSun Baby Rattle Toys Set Gift for 3-9 Month Infants Babies
- This Rattle set is for different stages of a baby’s development. Each rattle has different grips, shapes, sounds, and tasks to assist in small motor skills.
- EastSun rattle toys are a great way to keep little ones entertained without all the mess! They make fun sounds when the baby shakes them, and bright colors will always catch their eye. Giving one of these to your baby as a gift means you’re doing something that makes them happy.
- Made of eco-friendly and safe materials like ABS plastics, this rattle toy set is perfect for kids aged 3-6 years old.
Fiouni Baby Rattle Teether Toys Set
- This Baby Rattle Teether Toys Set is made of durable ABS Plastic and BPA Free.
- 100% safe for children to chew on it.
- The little rattle toys are easy to use, light-weight and the size is pretty suitable for baby’s hand.
- It’s a perfect gift in a baby shower as it is adorable and awesome. It includes a neat transparent box to keep these toys tidy.
Perfeclan Wooden Baby Rattle Plus Teether
- Baby’s first rattle! The sturdy wood is soft enough for baby’s gums, and the rings are great for making noise.
- Babies love to make noise, and the crocheted rattle gives them something to shake that sounds really cool. The high notes come through easily, especially for babies.
- Beech wood, which is used in many baby rattles, is free of chemicals that could harm a baby.
- The Toy has designed in such manner that its easy for a baby to grasp. Babies love to touch and explore.